Taxed to death——literally
What you need to know about the government’s latest “health plan”
One of the last freedoms you have left is the freedom to choose what’s on your dinner plate——but get ready to stick a fork in that one. The Food Police have taken over in Denmark——and we could be next.
In October, Denmark took the Nanny State to the next level by taxing the fresh, natural, and healthful foods your body needs in order to survive. These are the foods your ancestors thrived on for thousands of years. Common sense should tell you they’re good for you——but you don’t have to rely on common sense. Plenty of modern-day research has proven that these foods are good for your brain, heart, bones, immune system, and so much more.
Yet now, in Denmark, if you want to partake of Nature’s greatest health foods, you’re going to have to pay the price.
I’m talking about saturated fat.
Eating saturated fat becomes a sin (tax)
It’s one thing to preach against it (as so many “health” organizations have been prone to do)——it’s another to punish people for choosing to eat it. But that’s exactly what this country is doing. It’s the world’s first “fat tax”——and unfortunately, it won’t be the last.
From now on, if the Danes want to eat farm-fresh butter, cheese, delicious red meat——in other words, all the things that make life worth living——they’re going to have to pay through the teeth to get it.
What are they supposed to eat instead? Lower-priced substitutes made of factory-processed soy byproducts and a lab full of dangerous chemicals, of course. And if they think this tax is going to slash the risk of an early death, they’re going to be in a for a hefty surprise——and I do mean hefty. Forcing people to load up on sugars and refined carbs is putting them on a fast track to obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and even death.
Denmark isn’t the only one leveling this type of tax. Hungary has imposed a tax on foods with high levels of sugar, carbs, caffeine, and salt. (There is nothing wrong with salt. It is an essential nutrient that has been greatly misunderstood.) Denmark, Switzerland, Austria have banned trans fats. And Finland, Romania, and Britain are all considering fat taxes as well.
They’re called “sin taxes,” and they’re exactly what happens when governments get too big for their britches. Sure, it sounds nice to have someone else footing the bill for your healthcare. But there’s always a price to pay. And if the government is paying for your healthcare, suddenly the government has a vested interest in your health.
But when was the last time any government organization actually got health advice right? Give me a break, here. If it weren’t for the ridiculous food pyramid, Americans wouldn’t be on the fast track to extinction. Government organizations are backwards on just about any and every piece of “health” information they distribute——showing clearly that “good health” goes to the highest bidder.
That means that, right or wrong, if the USDA says it’s bad for you, it’s not just bad for you——it’s the law. Smoke a cigarette, break the law. Drink raw milk, break the law. Eat red, meat——pay the price. You won’t be hauled off in cuffs (not yet, anyway), but that day is coming.
5 reasons it’s essential for good health
Forget for a minute that the government has no right lording over your dinner plate. The powers-that-be are actually trying to force you to stop eating one of the healthiest, most necessary nutrients on the face of the earth.
Let me repeat that: Eating Nature's healthiest foods could soon be a criminal offense. And in case you’re tempted to start falling into this big fat trap, I’m going to give you the five most important reasons saturated fat is absolutely essential to good health.
1. Saturated fat lowers your risk of heart disease. Yes, you read that right. I don’t care what you’ve heard from the medical industry or from Uncle Sam. Eating a diet rich in saturated fats offers unprecedented protection for your heart. For one, it reduces Lp(a)——something associated with increased heart disease risk——and for another, it gives you increased levels of HDL “good” cholesterol——something necessary for a healthy heart.
2. Saturated fat strengthens your immunity. It contains fatty acids like lauric acid, myristic acid, and caprylic acid, which function as powerful anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial agents. This allows your body to fight off foreign invaders and pathogenic agents.
3. Saturated fat feeds your brain. It gives you the vital chemicals your brain needs to remain sharp and focused. Did you know that your brain is mainly made up of fat and cholesterol? Everyone focuses on brain-healthy nutrients like omega-3, but what they don’t tell you is that your brain can’t utilize omega-3 unless saturated fat is there to help unlock its brain-boosting powers.
4. Saturated fat strengthens your bones. Just like your brain needs saturated fat to unlock the power of omega-3, your bones need it in order to utilize calcium. That’s just one reason why raw milk is so good for you——it contains both nutrients in one creamy, delicious drink.
5. Saturated fat is vital for healthy cells. It gives you the raw materials for building resilient cells.
Saturated fat is the preferred fuel for your heart and muscles, and it serves as a cancer-fighting genetic regulator in your body. Fats give us energy for physical activity, and is a natural defense against depression.
Tax or no tax, you should be eating these foods every day.
p.s. I’ve talked about the benefits of saturated fat for decades. For more information, check out the archives on my website (www.douglassreport.com).